Monday, September 17, 2012

Monday September 17

It's been a rainy day today, we got a little over an inch between last night's and today's rain, I went out to gather eggs this afternoon expecting to only have a few, since it has been overcast all day and hens usually don't lay as well when there is not a lot of light. But to my surprise they laid 17! After I got them fed and collected, sorted, and cleansed the eggs I settled in my favorite chair with my kindle. It's a really good day to read, besides theres not much I can do in the rain. I posted another recipe on our Facebook page today(www.facebook.com/dogwoodhillfarm) you will just have to go there and check it out. Well I guess since some of you may not do the Facebook thing I can tell you it was a recipe for a "toad in a hole) I ended up making one so I could have one to post a picture of. I decided to feed it to our inside dogs; buddy and K.C. They love Cooked eggs for a treat. I guess I could have eaten it, but being so close to supper time I didn't want to spoil my appetite as my grandmother used to say. Buddy is a terrier mix (rat and something else) K.C (short for kindness and charity) is a chinpin (half chiwawa half min pin) they are both rotten but I had nothing to do with that, well maybe a little bit. Well Michelle will be home in a moment guess I better wrap this up, untill next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment