Saturday, July 6, 2013

Knee high in sunflowers

                                    


 I really am enjoying the sunflowers in our garden this year. They are big and beautiful. The tallest plant in the garden by far at five feet. I'm not the only one that is enjoying them. We have had just about every species of song bird in the sunflower patch. We have had cardinals, doves, sparrows, blue birds, and one bright yellow bird with blue wings. I have been forced to protect the flowers from the beautiful vocalists if I'm going to have any seeds this fall. We covered the bright yellow heads with knee high stockings. I feel so guilty for taking the songbirds snack, and I have just about decked to remove a couple of the stockings. Guess I need to share with the wild life since they live here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment