Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mystery of the midnight dinner guest

We have a real life mystery folks. It all started a few days ago when the lid of one of our feed bins kept winding up on the floor of the supply shed.  The first time it happened I assumed I must have forgotten to put it back. After it happened again I suspected our farm cat, simply because he takes refuge in the shed when it rains. The lid is not easy to remove, you have to lift up on one side to remove it. I put about a two pound rock on top of it, that took care of the problem for a day or two. Then I found the rock on the ground and the lid tossed to the side, man whatever this is it is definitely persistent. So this time I put a large cinder block on top of the bin. A couple days later sure enough the block was on the ground and our midnight dinner guest helped himself to another meal. This time I noticed something




Teeth marks! And pretty big ones at that. We decided to put a small radio in there to scare them away, along with those rascally crows, argh! 
     Maybe we can borrow a trail camera from someone and get a look at this midnight marauder. Thanks for reading and God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment