Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Moonlit Stroll

Well today has been another lovely day, a bit warmer, but all in all real pretty. My Thursdays are usually  spent preparing for Sunday's sermon. This week a passage in John Chapter 10 caught my eye, its the good shepherd passage. Its such a beautiful picture of our relationship with Christ, There is one verse that really stands out to me; when Jesus is speaking of "laying down" His life for the sheep He says "I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it up again". Wow, That's so rich. There was no power on earth that could have held Jesus on that cross against His will, it was not the nails that held Him, it was His love for you and I, not only did He have the authority to lay it down, He had the authority to take it up again, and that He did. Well to hear more I guess you will just have to come Sunday. After I got to a stopping point, I went outside to catch up on some mowing, and then settled down in my favorite lawn chair for some reading on my kindle while the squirrels played in the oak trees. Michelle and I went for a evening stroll around the pasture after supper. It was a great time to talk and just be together, it really doesn't matter to me what we do, as long as we do it together, I am so blessed to call her my wife. Well until next time, good night and God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Amen to that, nothing could hold Him. I would hate to think we serve a God who could not survive us.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen thanks for reading and commented

    ReplyDelete